Wow – my son Jakson has been here a little over 2 weeks now. I can’t believe how time has flown already. And never in my wildest imagination could I imagine how the little guy would change my own life so.
Here is what I’ve learned so far:
- The unconditional love that a child has for you is pure – don’t screw it up
- No matter how unsure of yourself you are, the moment he/she comes into your life, you will be fine
- Nothing can prepare you for the raw emotions that meeting your baby for the first time brings
- Things you didn’t think you’d be able to do (ie change a diaper, clean up vomit) become 2nd nature faster than you can blink
- No one is ever ready financially, but believe in yourself and your partner – together you will be fine.
I was incredibly lucky, as I got to spend two weeks home with Steph and Jakson before having to go back to work. The bond created was worth the sleepless nights and the uncertainty that comes along with being a first time parent.
Sorry if this blog post comes across as a bit preachy, but man, I couldn’t be happier today if I tried. My son Jakson came into the world and he’s perfect. And that’s all I need to say about that.